Monday, October 22, 2012

SELF EVALUATION

 

1.     Describe the overall composition of your artwork (balance, unity, rhythm and movement).
         All the lines, negatives, postives, and colors all come together in my print. I think it's all very balanced and makes for a really unique print. 
 
  
2.     How did you add texture and contrast to your print? Is this important? Why?
        By scultping many wrinkles on the elephants skin I added a lot of texture, and if I had not added much texture the elephant wouldn't stand out from the background of the piece and it would be bland. Texture adds detail to a piece of art, and creates contrast.It also makes the work of art more realistic, so i believe that texture is important.

3.     Explain how you used positive and negative space to show your image.
    In this piece i believe i used more postive than negative space, but it balanced out nicely. the places i cut out make the places that rise look very defined and detailed.

4.     Describe the craftsmanship of your print. (How good the project is technically crafted)
        My print is very neat, within the registration marks. I like the colors and the balance between negative and positive space. The only thing i dont really care for is the way i cut the tusks of the elephant but other than that i really think my print was crafted well.

5.     Were you able to achieve depth by showing a foreground, middle ground and back- ground? Explain.
       Yes I was, because whenever you look at my print you are able to see the mountains, tree, and sun, in the background. Without these things in the background my picture would look very flat. I believe I achieved depth well.

6.     Explain your experience with Printmaking. What were the obstacles and advantages?
         I really enjoyed prinkmaking. I know it may seem dumb, but the only obstacle i really had was picking out the colors, i just couldnt decide. But everything else was an advantage. It was a fun project!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment